Sunday, March 18, 2012

Asylum

My eyes have turned from red to black.
I'm choking on air
Taken against my will.
taken from emotion and tranquility.

The asylum
My residency is welcomed.

back in the dark 
nothing left but the chaos trapped inside my own mind
You brought me to this hell.
Why do you taunt me so?
Your words like poison pumping through my veins. 
infecting the very blood you once yearned for
Did you taste the madness?
Do I intrigue you?
Who's to say that you're the sane one?

Never mind the claw marks.
They are but remnants of my lucid dreaming.


"It's time for sleep" the Sandman calls.
No! He will find you!
and his search will not end..
Just another body buried and forgotten.


pull back and release.
Russian Roulette 
The Sandman cometh.

I can't do it.
I won't do it.
I won't let him take me!
it would be too easy.
is that what makes me want it?
I can feel it between my fingers.
the trigger.


This is your fault! 
Where is this God you speak of?
Is he protecting you from yourself?
He's laughing at you.
Pity in his eyes.
I resent the very idea of redemption. 

Who is this?
I can hear the rats coming towards me. 
vermin.
I can't run, you have chained me.
They wish to devour me. ravenous; just like your judgmental eyes. 

Don't make my mistakes.
Leave me to decide my fate.

The lies will never cease.
you are transparent; like crystal, yet so easily forgivable.


I take myself.
All fades to black.
release and escape.
Nothingness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment