Thursday, August 30, 2012

slightly pessimistic

I need to stay calm.
Stay sane; collected
My past choices reflected
This was far from expected
fighting through tears
overcoming my fears
the ghost inside has now been erected
From inside my soul, this demon awaits
Bringing me pain, and intolerable hate
What is to come?
Suppressed thoughts escape.
The feeling is sick
my hands start to shake
I don't want to believe I've succumbed to this fate.
my head is a mess, though so blankly, I stare
this weight on my shoulders is too much to bear
What if I told you people don't fucking care?
These issues I face are my own form of curse
only I can defeat it, though I'm making it worse.
Time will not heal if you don't treat the wound
I feel like I'll walk off the edge sometime soon.
Giving up sounds so easy, so peaceful and still
but life's about fighting and proving your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment