Thursday, January 30, 2014

Accepted Defeat

Look beyond the clouds and stars
a mirror image of what you are
flashed before you
soon revealing
a friendship bent but slowly healing

Imagine a time where we had met
as children chasing silhouettes
a vision shining through the night
I’ll gladly lead you to the light

The sun will bleed and rise for you
awake and greet your eyes for you
you’ve right to yearn for something more
My thoughts, biased
intentions, pure

I thank you for this inspiration
Alas, I’m tired of temptation
fueled by honest admiration
transformed into intimidation

You’re like a song
stuck in my head
I lay awake
alone in bed
undeniably sublime
I see you running  through my mind

Imagine for a moment, please
that I am more than what you see
An image soon personified
by everything I’ve kept inside
boggled by uncertainty
these emotions have unsettled me

your compass points another way
I fear of sounding too cliche

All emotions,
here unfurled
For we are from opposite worlds

No comments:

Post a Comment